Please read the following very carefully before you download and consider using a nightly build.
MorphOS version 1.4.5
MUI 4 alpha. (MUI 3 doesn't work to use with these builds, and might if used, cause issues.)
- If you feel that anything from the list above is overly complicated, too difficult, or more than you can handle, please consider limiting yourself to the latest officially released version.
- No documentation. Nightly builds do not include documentation
- No support. Due to the nature of nightly builds, no support can be provided.
- Changelog. Go over the changes carefully before downloading and installing a new build.
- Dynamic Functionality. Function availability is dependant upon build development, and any given function or group of functions may be disabled in a nightly build.
- Use backup ! It is highly suggested that regular backups are performed when using Nightly builds.
Now, if you feel you are familiar enough with your MorphOS system, you are very welcome to download a nightly build and to enjoy and follow the nice development of the Ambient desktop.
Here follows the structure of the Ambient directory.
If You are using external custom filetypes-scripts, they should be located in: Sys:Prefs/Ambient/filetypes/
If using Arexx-scripts, Arexx-scripts can reside in any drawer. Normally rexx-scripts belongs to Sys:S/ so this is the recommended path for having them located.
Also paths specified within Arexx-scripts needs to be edited in the same manner as with filetype-scripts.